Thursday, June 2, 2011

June is National Accordion Awareness Month


Who knew?

I have to celebrate, right? I'm going to try to practice a little bit every day. We'll see if that results in another video to share. I have to say that my abilities today (after many months of no playing) were rather appalling.

I practiced:
Polka Mazurka
Come Back to Sorrento
Julida Polka
Cadet Boogie
Gay Vienna (named when gay meant happy)
Wheels

I didn't even try any of the hard stuff. Is anyone out there? Shall I make a poll to let you choose which one I should practice hardest?

3 comments:

  1. Where are the rock songs? Cumbia? Zydeco? Tex-Mex? Remember, the accordion is not just for polkas anymore! Viva las accordionistas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accordionista,you atre right. Now if i can just figure out how to play Rock on the Hammered Dulicmer,I'll be doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accordionista- true enough, but I'm not a big rock fan to start with. Sorry. I play what I like, or there's no point at all in playing.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you love or hate the squeezebox!